quick check - adaptec 2820sa on FreeBSD 6.1 ? UGH!

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Sun Jun 18 23:35:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Scott Long wrote:

> Are you asking because you need advice on whether or not to purchase it?
> Yes, it will work, but if you already have the card then you should
> test it out for yourself and make sure that it meets your needs.

Ok, I bought two of them.  Installed.  Inserted 6.1-RELEASE cd-rom, booted

"no disks found"

So ... were you thinking of 7.x perhaps ?  Am I totally screwed now, or is
there some way to salvage this ?  The cards work great - I init'd the
disks and created a raid6 volume, verified.  All done.  It's just that
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE cannot see the 2820sa to install on.

Please help ...