mapping [process|socket|...] to Filesystem

Lou Kamenov loukamenov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:31:33 PST 2006

On 05/01/06, Richard Kästner <richard.kaestner at ycn.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 23:53, Lou Kamenov wrote:
> > On 04/01/06, Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
[..]
> you seem to have experience with fuse,

Sorry. I haven't tested fuse4bsd thoroughly and I cannot comment, but
I've used the original Linux implementation some time ago.

> I could imagine, there is any negative impact on
> system operation, if connection to the black-box
> is flaky, slow, ... ?

That depends entirely on your design. Fuse filesystems run in user land.

> The least I want to accomplish, is a 'good idea' which renders
> the system unstable.

Rigorous tests can show that.
Fuse4bsd list is probably a more suitable place to discuss this.

best,
Lou