GJournal (hopefully) final patches.

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 13:44:58 UTC 2006

--- Igor Robul <igorr at speechpro.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:05:39PM +0400, Igor Robul wrote:
> > # gjournal label /dev/mirror/gm0 /dev/md2
> > # gjournal load
> >  and now I have got panic without kernel dump on my workstation :-(
> Same panic without gmirror

I would expect a correct command line  to look like this:
# gjournal label fook mirror/fuuk mirror/faak

But you do not provide a name for your gjournal device...

*sniff*

Now I am disturbed... And I do not find the source code of gjournal...

By the way: If u do not use a mirrored journal device, u would have to do a
fsck (or so) on your data device (if u have a filesystem there) if your journal
device dies (because: the journal device has been possibly just half
emptied)...

-Arne