jUFS / UFSj Status Tracking

Eli K. Breen bsd at unixforge.net
Thu Sep 29 12:45:28 PDT 2005

Hello list (and specifically Scott Long),

I'm looking for a way to track the status of the jUFS/UFSj (journaled
UFS) project. Searching the web at large, the mailing lists, and the
FreeBSD site returns a fairly random smattering of statuses/statusii for
this/these projects (seemingly run by ScottLong/MattDillion/and others).
I've had a look at the oft-mentioned
http://repoman.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/scottl/ufsj
site, which although it offers up the code, doesn't really help in terms
of overall status etc.

As a sidenote, we're hoping to leverage this to allow for multi-machine
access to a consistent file store, in this case it would [hopefully] be
accomplished by having a centralized journal, with all machines applying
the journal to their local filesystems. Call me madcap if you will...

Is there / could there be a central location for tracking this project?

Many thanks,

Eli K. Breen