Apple Computer Cupertino, CA is looking for a Network File Services Lead Engineer: description enclosed

Debra Smith debra.smith at apple.com
Thu Sep 1 00:05:34 GMT 2005

Hello:

My name is Debra Smith and I'm supporting the Core OS teams here at
Apple.  We are in search of some great engineers for the following
position:  Please email interest to debra.smith at apple.com

Title: Network File Services Lead Engineer
Location: Cupertino, California

The Mac OS X Server File Services Group is looking for an exceptional
engineer to lead and drive the direction for development of
state-of-the art file services technology for Mac OS X. Working on a
core technology for Mac OS X Server, you will have the opportunity to
have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's
consumer and server operating systems products. This engineer is
expected to drive our long term file services road map, as well as
resolve day to day technical issues. Our environment fosters product
innovation, rapid product iteration, and active project and schedule
management.

The ideal candidate is a strong NFS engineer with proven innovation and
leadership skills to drive the OS X Server network file services to
support the enterprise market.

Responsibilities:
* Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and
implementation of future file services technologies
* Drive product features, functional specifications, and development
schedules
* Play a key role in driving system performance analysis and
optimization
* File service functional, system, load/stress, and performance analysis
* Represent the team in industry events, technical and product meetings
* Maintenance of existing file services
* Effectively resolve technical issues, including using gdb for
userland and kernel debugging.
* Work with cross functional teams to support developer and product
requirements for server products

Required Experience and Skills:
* MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
* 7-10+ years engineering experience.
* A genuine passion for file service technology
* Experience in the design and implementation of 1+ network file systems
* Must have a strong track record of shipping innovative products.
* Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and
troubleshooting skills
* Industry knowledge of file systems and UNIX kernel internals
* Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight
schedules
* Excellent collaborative skills.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication.

Additional Success Factors:
* Mac OS X exposure (end user, administrator, developer)
* Highly motivated self starter with proven ability to lead
* Involvement in open source technologies and development communities
such as Darwin, FreeBSD, Linux, or Samba.