disklabel recovery

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 12:26:58 PDT 2005

--- Gal Ben-Haim <gbenhaim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Im running FreeBSD 5.4
> I accedently enabled swap on /dev/ad2s1c (raw label), this
> destroyed my disklabel,

Hmm... Maybe it overwrote some other areas, too?

> When I try to mount the filesystem I get: the mount is
> successful,

So "mount" thinks, that the filesystem is clean...
Can you copy the whole disc to another disc?
Maybe you should do a fsck on that file system (WARNING: THIS
COULD CAUSE MORE DAMAGE TO THE FILESYSTEM!!!)?

> I tried to create a new label with 'sysinstall', but the label
> which is created seems to be with invalid values.

Hmm... Do you remember the old layout (roughly)?

-Arne