Help needed for hacking the acl mask

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 21 01:33:45 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Since we do need usable acls here at work, i decided to go for a quick
and dirty hack.
Can someone point me to the code location(s) where the acl mask is
overwritten?

I already found sys/kern/kern_acl.c and changed it so that the mask is
ORed with the create mode. This works for newly created files,regardless
of the umask setting.

However, chmod g-w still resets the write bit of the acl mask. I thought
this was handled in lib/libc/posix1e/acl_calc_mask.c, but it does not
seem to be called by chmod(1).

Some questions:
- Where do i have to look further?
- If i make changes to libc, do i have to do a "make installworld" or
will a "make install" in lib/libc be enough?
- Is there a tutorial on debugging/walking through libc?

Thanks for any hints,

	Heinrich

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341