nfs4 on FreeBSD

Ivan Synyeokov johnny at johnny.kiev.ua
Tue Oct 4 03:36:52 PDT 2005

Hi,
I'm playing with nfs4 under FreeBSD and I wonder is there any particular
plans to improve its support and have fully functional nfs4 client and
server in base or maybe ports?

I've found that Rick's (ftp://ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/) work is
quite stable (I mean server part) on FreeBSD 6.0 Beta5, but client is
only available for OpenBSD. Rick, do you plan to port your client to
FreeBSD also?
On the other hand, lack of delegation and locking state features from
native FreeBSD6 client, prevent me from putting nfs4 in production.
So, I kindly regard if anybody clear the situation, and in any case I
could provide some testing.

--
Johnny