remind me ... (file undelete on FreeBSD 5.4)

user user at dhp.com
Sat Nov 26 07:35:11 GMT 2005

ln -s /some/dir/somewhere local

(used the symlink named local for a while)

rm -rf local

local still exists in my current working directory, but now
/some/dir/somewhere is gone.

---

So I rm -rf'd a symlink.  I just wanted to delete the link, and of course,
it deleted the target.

I then immediately mounted the filesystem read-only. (it's all I could
think of to do to preserve things right at that state...)

I did not have a snapshot enabled on the filesystem.

I know the bits are still there ... is there any way to get them back ?

thanks.