NFSv234 server ported to FreeBSD6.0-BETA1

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Jul 30 03:38:56 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 06:36:19PM -0400, rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca wrote:
> In case you are interested, there is now a port of my NFSv2,3 and 4 server
> to FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 available at ftp://ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4.
> (Look for the 2 files with FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 in the name.)
>
> It seems to work ok on a dual CPU Pentium II that I have. (I believe that
> I have the SMP code set up ok, but I don't wait until I'm inside the
> server op functions to grab Giant. It follows the nfsserver example for
> handling the socket interface and has separate locks for the server cache
> and the caches of credential mappings for RPCSEC_GSS. It should allow the
> encryption/decryption to be done in parallel on an N cpu box.)
>
> I think the server is about ready for public consumption now. (I don't
> know if anyone is interested in bringing the code into FreeBSD, but this
> might be a good time?)

Also the utilities don't build properly out of the box..they need an
-I to point to the headers (or there needs to be a patch to make the
headers get installed by 'make includes'), and 'make install' doesn't
work once you fix that.

dosirak# make install
install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   newmountd
usage: install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
               [-o owner] file1 file2
       install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
               [-o owner] file1 ... fileN directory
       install -d [-v] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...
*** Error code 64

Stop in /usr/src/nfsv4utils/newmountd.

Kris