FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 panics

rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca
Tue Aug 2 15:27:13 GMT 2005

> I suspect the server is returning bogus data, perhaps because of the
> locking problems.

My server doesn't support the lockd/statd protocol, so v3 mounts won't
have any advisory locking support. Is that likely to be the cause of this?
(I don't know anything about the inner workings of cvs.)

> OK, I triggered another deadlock while running a simultaneous cvs
> checkout on the server (via ufs) and over nfs3 from a remote machine.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try and figure this one out.
(Given your original panic, I assume you're running a kernel with
 DEBUG_LOCKS and DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS options? That would have caught the
 obvious "forgot to unlock the vnode" type problems, which would suggest
 a race between the local ufs syscall and newnfsd for vnode locking.
 Could be a fun one to find:-)

Thanks for the debug info, rick