FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 panics

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Aug 1 18:57:32 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 09:27:43PM -0400, rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca wrote:
> I've just put a little patch up
> ftp://ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/patch2-freebsd6.0-bet1.diffc
> (which is also appended to this message) that seems to fix the panics
> that I reproduced when testing with:
> 	option DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS
> 	option DEBUG_LOCKS
>
> I will be doing further testing on FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 and will cut new
> tarballs, but you can try the patch in the meantime, since I think it
> fixes the panic you saw.

It didn't panic yet, but when doing a multiple simultaneous cvs update
with NFS3 mounted repo the clients eventually got stuck in the nfsreq
state.

FreeBSD had a similar problem for a while, after a change made last
December, but it was fixed early this year.  Is your server based on
an old version of the freebsd server code that is missing this (and
possibly other) fixes, or is this a new bug introduced in your
version?

Kris