Getting the complete path for a file

Krishna Monian k_tutorials at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 12:29:41 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I am in the process of writing a file logging utility.
I am going about doing this by rerouting vfs system
calls, and logging the information needed.

However I am facing the following problem. When files
are accessed through the terminal, relative paths are
used as opposed to complete paths. Is there any way
that I can reconstruct the complete path, given that I
have access to all the information that is normally
passed to the vfs system calls.

Thanks
Krishna