[Patch] cd9660/msdosfs/ntfs/libiconv mutli-byte extention

R. Imura imura at ryu16.org
Sat Oct 11 02:07:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:29:08PM +0900, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> I found your patch to sys/fs/msdosfs can become simpler with
> Darwin's msdosfs modification that gathers a unicode string first
> and convert it later. I have a UTF-8 hardcoded patch that ported
> from Darwin to FreeBSD CURRENT. (the patch didn't tested by
> anybody else than I. :)
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/msdosfs-utf8.diff

Before dealing with this, I'm now interested in how to deal with
bigger than 3 byte characters like UTF-8. (your patch pushed me :)
I now give these file systems a capacity to acquire UTF-8.
(I mean I extended a character buffer size from 2 bytes to 4 bytes).

  http://www.ryu16.org/FreeBSD/kiconv/5_current-20031008.diff

Though I think UTF-8 converter needs arguing how it be,
UTF-8 is available with cd9660, msdosfs and ntfs with this
quick hacked coverter.

  http://www.ryu16.org/FreeBSD/kiconv/utf8_converter_20031011.diff

Any comments?

Regards,
- R. Imura

P.S.
Can anybody please take a look at conf/57277 and bin/57462?