fsck memory usage

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed Jul 30 11:33:10 PDT 2003

Does anyone have a formula to give fsck memory requirements based on
disk size and newfs arguments.  I'm going to be building some large
(3.3TB) file systems and I'd like to figure out if I'm going to need
to go 64-bit to have sufficent address space to fsck them.  The mean
filesize will be pretty big so I will be able to set bytes/i-node
fairly high.

-- Brooks