PR mail (was: Re: NFS ftruncate patch for review)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Jul 19 15:57:58 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 10:57:36AM -0700, David Schultz wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2003, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > I've got the feeling that the default is sometimes (and more often than it
> > used to be) freebsd-list-that-I'm-not-on.  Ports PRs always went to somewhere
> > that I didn't see.  I rather liked this.
>
> I think some categories of bugs get sent to
> {fs,security,standards,$arch}@.  If you want
> to see the bugs for a particular category, I
> guess you have to be interested enough to
> subscribe to the corresponding list.

fs and security don't get PRs by default...some PRs are reassigned to
the mailing lists because it targets the class of developers who might
be interested in investigating the problem.

The default PR destination is determined based on the category of the
PR.  Here is the current configuration
(freefall:~gnats/gnats-adm/categories)

pending: Misfiled PRs : gnats-admin : freebsd-bugbusters at freebsd.org
#
# Other categories
#
advocacy: Advocacy : freebsd-advocacy :
alpha: Architecture (alpha) specific : freebsd-alpha :
amd64: Architecture (amd64) specific : freebsd-amd64 :
bin: All other sources : freebsd-bugs :
conf: Configuration files : freebsd-bugs :
docs: Documentation : freebsd-doc :
gnu: GNU sources : freebsd-bugs :
i386: Architecture (i386) specific : freebsd-i386 :
ia64: Architecture (ia64) specific : freebsd-ia64 :
java: Java support : freebsd-java :
junk: Wastebin : gnats-admin :
kern: Kernel sources : freebsd-bugs :
misc: Miscellaneous : freebsd-bugs :
ports: The ports collection : freebsd-ports-bugs :
powerpc: Architecture (powerpc) specific : freebsd-ppc :
sparc64: Architecture (sparc) specific : freebsd-sparc64 :
standards: Standards conformance issues : freebsd-standards :
www: FreeBSD website : freebsd-www :