Something broke :-( Re: fwcontrol update

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Tue Aug 19 06:23:45 UTC 2008

> > I notice that it doesn't print every generation.
> > I notice that the node_id changes.
>

> This alarms me quite a bit.  I didn't think there was anyway for the
> generation to change
> without the log message being spit out.  Interesting.

Perhaps there is some register on the controller chip that
affects receiving data but not sending it, and isn't getting
initialized.  Perhaps the controller chip thinks it is receiving
bad data, and flags an error or requests a bus reset?

If the resets are happening faster than the printf can run,
maybe the data (generation number) changes underneath the printf,
much like ps/top don't get a pure snapshot?