fwcontrol update

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Mon Aug 18 23:11:03 UTC 2008

Here are some testing results from before I noticed
the console spew problem:

# fwcontrol -f -6
fwcontrol: main:adjust_gap_count out of range: No such file or directory

The "out of range" is expected.

The "No such file or directory" part seems wrong.

# fwcontrol -c -7
fwcontrol: no such node -1.

Interesting that -7 becomes -1.  -d does the same thing.

BTW, running fwcontrol with no arguments does print out
a line with node -1.  Whatever that means.

Now test things that should work:

fwcontrol -u 1 -f 0		works
fwcontrol -u 1 -r		works

fwcontrol -u 1 -S /dev/stdin	works

fwcontrol -u 1 -R camera.dv
fwcontrol: detect_recv_fn: error reading from device
: Resource temporarily unavailable

fwcontrol_prev -u 1 -R camera.dv
Detected DV format on input.
(EAGAIN)
(EAGAIN)
(EAGAIN)

And then I noticed the console spewing away as
reported in my previous message, and tried rebooting...