libraw1394 port for FreeBSD?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Oct 9 11:31:27 PDT 2006

Hello!

You are the authors of FreeBSD's firewire code, which appears to present an
API different, from what Linux programs expect. Could we have a compatibility
layer, which would provide such Linuxish API, so that it would be easier to
port applications written and maintained on Linux?

I'm attaching the skeleton of the devel/libraw1394 port. As you can see,
libraw1394 comes with its own version of ieee1394-ioctl.h (which the port
simply removes for now).

The IOCTLs defined in it -- like RAW1394_IOC_ISO_XMIT_INIT and
RAW1394_IOC_ISO_SHUTDOWN -- need to be provided by something in
FreeBSD's /usr/include.

Alternatively, the libraw1394's src/iso.c needs to be patched (or rewritten)
using FreeBSD's firewire APIs.

Would you be able to offer help/suggestions on either of the two approaches?

The attached (incomplete) port makes the rest of the library compile cleanly,
but I have no hope for being able to fix the iso.c myself...

Thank you very much for your time. Respectfully,

	-mi