fwcontrol -R can't work

tzhuan tzhuan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:30:53 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:08:44 +0800, tzhuan <tzhuan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:23:15 +0900, Hidetoshi Shimokawa
>

> <simokawa at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > At Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:31:35 +0800,
> >
> > You seem to get only a few frames and lost some packets after that.
> > Your machine may be too slow to catch up with DV data or some bad hardware
> > causes packet loss.
>
> Oh..... This machine is IBM X30 with P-3m 1.2G, and the firewire
> chipset is Ricoh R5C552.
> Is it fast enough fot this work?
>

> > Did you disable witness and other debug options which affect
> > performace in -current?
>
> Yes, I disable all debugging options in kernel and malloc debugging
> flags in userland.
> The kernel and world are compiled with -O2.
>

> > If your machine cannot catch up with DV data , I expect 'IR DMA overrun ...'
> > messages in dmesg.
>
> I don't find it, this is the dmesg:
> http://home.so-net.net.tw/recluseh/dmesg

Today I find another question in firewire. I test it with a firewire
disk driver, it's a Hitachi 60G 2.5" HDD. When I plug, it just show:

  fwohci0: Initiate bus reset
  fwohci0: phy int

and doesn't generate any device under /dev.
(This disk driver also support USB, and it's ok when I test it with USB. )

Is it because this chipset --Ricoh R5C552-- isn't full supported under FreeBSD?