problems getting ufs_copy working

Oliver Hoffmann oliver.hoffmann at uw-service.de
Tue Jul 8 04:55:14 PDT 2003

Hi!

> Remove '-a' option which requires VFS_AIO support in kernel.
> If you are using 5.1 rather than -current, try 'kldload aio'.
> Unfortunately, VFS_AIO is broken in -current.
> Latest ufs_copy supports UFS2 too.

Ok, without -a it works. Furthermore I mounted the md0 device with -t vnode
instead of vfs.
I just loaded "aio" and it works with the "a"-option as well.

But I'm afraid that the backup of the whole file does not function

# /sbin/ufs_copy -a /mnt/fw/testfile /dev/ad0s1g
copying /mnt/fw/testfile to /dev/ad0s1g

This "copying" takes about one second and hence nothing is there.
That is not that bad, cause often one or a few files are needed and thus I
have to mount the backup-file anyway.

Thanks for ufs_copy! I'll go on playing around with it.

Regards,

Oliver.