5.1-Release saved my day!

Oliver Hoffmann oliver.hoffmann at uw-service.de
Fri Jul 4 04:04:46 PDT 2003

Hi all!

> I'm glad to hear that. I think you don't need to unload sbp/firewire
> modules after backup finished.

It will be obsolete, since I'll upgrade my second server to 5.1 as well.

> If you are interested in a faster backup method, ufs snapshot and
> ufs_copy would help you.

Yes, it sounds good. But I'm missing a few hints about the procedure of
getting the software installed (compiled). I unpacked it to
/usr/local/ufs_copy and made a make. Seems to be that something is missing:

Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/local/ufs_copy
cc -O -pipe  -Wall -Wformat    -c ufs_copy.c
ufs_copy.c:56: libufs.h: No such file or directory
ufs_copy.c:59: stdint.h: No such file or directory
ufs_copy.c:79: syntax error before `total'
ufs_copy.c:79: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `total'
ufs_copy.c:79: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
ufs_copy.c:159: syntax error before `fs_size'
ufs_copy.c:160: warning: return-type defaults to `int'
ufs_copy.c: In function `fs_size':
and so on.

What do I need to have before I try a "make" ?

Thanks for help!

Regards,

Oliver.