FCP 20190401-ci_policy: CI policy

Lucas Nali de Magalhães rollingbits at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:09:31 UTC 2019

> On Aug 28, 2019, at 1:30 AM, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> It seems I was doing wrong that just changed the content of this FCP
> to "feedback", but did not send to the right mailing lists.
>
> So I would like to make an announcement that the FCP
> 20190401-ci_policy "CI policy":
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/blob/master/fcp-20190401-ci_policy.md
>
> is officially in "feedback" state to hopefully receive more comments
> and suggestions, then we can move on for the next FCP state.

Just in case nobody else have thought, I like to share a few ideas:. The CI tries to find bugs but usually these are not fatal to the build system: manage them as bugs, instead. I don't know how difficult they are.
- Integrate CI and BTS. Maybe with some automatic filtering and processing.
- Make CI output more noisy by sending emails to ML, author of offending code and previous authors of the code modified.

Lc

--
rollingbits — 📧 rollingbits at gmail.com 📧 rollingbits at terra.com.br 📧 rollingbits at yahoo.com 📧 rollingbits at globo.com 📧 rollingbits at icloud.com