FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 4 15:08:08 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 08:43:33AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> As far as I know, none of the drivers listed could do 1Gbps.

Right.  My point was that original proposal put 10/100 drivers into one
basket, which is IMHO not fair: 10Mbps cards are rarely seen and used,
100mbps are not, just like 1000bps ones.

That said, I'm okay with deorbiting NICs that cannot do more than 10mbps.
Cards that can do at least 100mbps should stay.  Following up on Ricks'
question, seeing a good example of modernization a certain driver would
help interested people/hw owners to keep drivers for their cards viable.

./danfe