Is there a timeline for making 20 the current version of erlang?

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Thu Mar 21 15:33:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, at 14:45, Mark Felder wrote:
> I submitted a review to do this a while ago as part of upgrading Elixir to 1.8.x
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19080
>
> I don't understand why there's such hesitation to move on from OTP 19, which people should really stop using. OTP 20 has massive improvements and even OTP 22-rc1 is already out.

In general I concur. It’s easy enough to prepend the path and use OTP21 already of course.

There are 2 comments and a simpler elixir implementation awaiting your feedback, I’ve used a sweet sweet shim instead.

Jimmy has a git based build which makes updating a lot simpler perhaps you can give that a whirl?

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19606

We could turn it up to 20 directly imo.

A+
Dave