OpenSSL 1.1 and Erlang ports

Ashish SHUKLA ashish at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 4 07:00:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

I noticed that lang/erlang-runtime20 (and maybe others too) seem to
build with OpenSSL 1.1 (openssl-devel, and openssl111) now, so I guess
BROKEN_SSL can be removed from them ?

I maintain net-im/ejabberd, and one of the users reported they can't
build port on FreeBSD 12 because of lang/erlang (dependency) not able to
build with OpenSSL 1.1 which FreeBSD 12 ships with in base.

For now, I'm considering adding a conditional for SSL_DEFAULT, and
OSVERSION, and if they are OpenSSL v1.1 then depend on
lang/erlang-runtime20 instead of lang/erlang. If there is a better, or
recommended way to resolve then please let me know.

Thanks!
--
Ashish SHUKLA | GPG: F682CDCC39DC0FEAE11620B6C746CFA9E74FA4B0

“We don't know who discovered water, but we're certain it wasn't a fish.”