erlang-runtime package

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Wed Aug 1 20:14:13 UTC 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018, at 14:35, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
> Does it mean that packages erlang and erlang-runtime19 are equivalent
> (at lest for now while erlang defaults to 19)?

Yes.

> When the default erlang version is upgraded to the next erlang-runtime
> version?

Depends largely on people's time and inclination to track down all the
dependent packages and issues resulting from updating it. As I've not
done this myself I can't comment further.

> Can I use erlang-runtime to build with wx enabled (i.e. erlang-runtime21
> for that matter)?
> GrzegorzJ

Yes, just `make config` in the erlang-runtime21 dir or `poudriere options -cn lang/erlang-runtime21` if  you build your own packages (recommended & preferred).

You should also look into dtrace providers for Erlang/OTP its a great combo with FreeBSD.

enjoy!

A+
Dave