Toontown Rewritten slow on Wine/GNOME 3/FreeBSD

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Sat Jun 4 12:24:42 UTC 2016

Hi freebsd-emulation mailing list,

If I try to run Toontown Rewritten (http://toontownrewritten.com/ (http://toontownrewritten.com/), a revival of the now-dead Disney game Toontown Online) under Wine and GNOME 3, TTR is very slow. Another version of Toontown, Toontown Relived (http://toontownrelived.com (http://toontownrelived.com)) is also slow under GNOME.

I had this problem on 10.3-RELEASE with a NVIDIA GT 620, and 11-CURRENT with Haswell integrated graphics, where both configurations are using an Intel i7 4770S, FreeBSD, and GNOME 3. Toontown is not as slow on other desktop environments (but still slow).

Is there any particular reason why Toontown is slower on GNOME than on any other desktop environment? I had this problem with emulators/wine-devel and emulators/wine-staging.

Thanks,
Neel Chauhan
===
https://www.neelc.org