CVE-2015-7547 and linux-f10-* ports?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Feb 25 15:14:32 UTC 2016

René Ladan <rene at freebsd.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > In that case, I suggest issuing an EN to bump compat.linux.osrelease
> > and retiring the f10 ports.
> What is the best way to prepare an EN? Patching stable/9 and create a
> Phabricator diff?

Patch stable/9 and ask re@ and so@ for an EN.  Remember to bump
__FreeBSD_version.  As far as I can tell, the package builders skip the
version checks, so the c6 packages are already available.  In fact, they
are even the default, which is probably not intentional.

> > That's SIOCGIFNAME, and it's not implemented in 11 either.
> Ah, OK. Ideally we should compile a list of missing ioctls and
> implement them.

That would be really hard, as ioctls can vary from platform to platform,
and drivers can add ioctls to the system.  The best you can do is ask
users to report Linux applications that complain about missing ioctls,
and keep a list of which ioctls they complain about.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no