wine and WoW64 subsystem

abi abi at abinet.ru
Sat Oct 31 10:51:49 UTC 2015

Hi!

The fourth 2014 FreeBSD status report mentions Wine improvements.
https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2014-10-2014-12.html#Wine/FreeBSD

Now we have 2 wine subsets - one for pure 32-bit code, another is for
64-bit. As far as I understand, we must choose what version we want to
use (port is installing files in the same location error), also, a lot
of installers for 64-bit programs are, in fact, 32 bit with 64-bit
capable system check, so we can't run it in 32-bit prefix (this program
requires 64-bit OS error from the installer) and we can't run it in
64-bit prefix (without WoW64, execution of 32-bit code in 64-bit prefix
is not possible at all).

So, looks like WoW64 subsystem can be handy to remove the situation with
2 separate wines and with installers. Are any known progress in porting
of it ?

abi.