net-im/skype-[devel] won't connect

Vassilis Laganakos vassilis at einval.com
Fri Sep 5 18:33:45 UTC 2014

Hi Alexandr,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 10:14:17AM +0300, Alexandr Krivulya wrote:
> I have removed linux-f10 from my CURRENT and install linux-f20 and
> skype-4.3.0.37_1,1 from https://github.com/vassilisl/freebsd-linux_base-f20.
> Now I cannot start skype because of error:
>
> /usr/local/share/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: ELF file OS ABI invalid

Looks like it is picking the native libraries instead of the linux ones.
Strange...

> linux_enable present in rc.conf. What else do I need to setup?

Please note that sound in Skype does not work with the -f20 set of ports,
and to use linux_base-f20 et al you need to use the lemul kernel. (set also
the compat.linux.osrelease to 3.15.0).

With the latest additions in the linux-f20 ports, you should be able to get
to install all the required libs for skype by running the following from the
top of the cloned tree:

    cd www/linux-f20-qt4-webkit/
    sudo PORTSDIR=$TOP_TREE make install
    sudo PORTSDIR=$TOP_TREE make clean

where $TOP_TREE the top of the cloned ports tree.

That *should* install all the dependencies which *should* cover you for
skype :)

Now because pulseaudio-libs don't work properly yet (see previous messages
in this thread for details), you should "pkg delete linux-f20-pulseaudio-libs"
and then you should be able to use Skype for messaging only. Unfortunatelly no
sound until we finish with the missing syscalls.

Oh, don't forget to kldload linsysfs and linprocfs and do:

    sudo mount /compat/linux/sys
    sudo mount /compat/linux/proc

Hope this helps.

Cheers,