persistent vboxnet0 settings in /etc/rc.conf

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Tue Jan 28 06:45:34 UTC 2014

Hi. I finally have my VirtualBox configured to run through vboxnet +
host-only for all VM guests.
I now need vboxnet0 to show up as a cloned (?) device each time the system
re-boots (otherwise pf has problems ). These settings did not work:

cloned_interfaces="vboxnet0"
ifconfig_vboxnet0="inet 192.168.56.1/24 vlan 0 vlandev lo0"

Nor from command line: # ifconfig vboxnet0 create
ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument

What is the correct syntax for this? I don't want to have VirtualBox to
start-up automatically each time  the system is booted - I prefer to
manually create vboxnet0 and have VirtualBox take over the device when it is
needed.

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS