/emulators/virtualbox-ose Serial port access?

Ranjan1018 214748mv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:40:28 UTC 2014

The same issue with virtualbox-ose-4.3.12_2 in
$ uname -a
FreeBSD zippi 10.1-BETA3 FreeBSD 10.1-BETA3 #0 r272167: Fri Sep 26 11:11:24
UTC 2014    root at releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

This is a production server and I have solved the problem with comms/ser2net
in FreeBSD and com0tcp (part of at com0com) in the Windows VM. The serial
device connected to the server is much more simple than a modem so I do not
know if this solution is usable with a modem.
Another problem I found with this solution is the impossibility to
suspend/resume the VM.

Maurizio