VirtualBox in 9.3-RELEASE

Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Mon Aug 18 06:27:15 UTC 2014

Antoine Delvaux <antoine at delvaux.net> wrote:

>I've been using VirtualBox for 2 years under 9.1 and 9.2 and it was working pretty well.  About a week ago I upgraded to 9.3-RELEASE and since then VirtualBox refuses to run and crashes my server as soon as I start a VM.
>
>I'm using version 4.3.12 coming from the pkg repository.  All my packages are up to date.  I'm unable to find any information about the crash I face as my server/host is rebooting a few seconds after I try to launch any VM.

Are you also using virtualbox-ose-kmod from the pkg repository? If so,
try building the port for that (you can still use pkg for
virtualbox-ose). At least that fixed the same problem for me - and I
guess it is obvious in hindsight that the repository build of the kernel
module won't be in sync with the RELEASE kernel.

--Per