FreeBSD Port: emulators/virtualbox-ose

Thomas Hoffmann trh411 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 16:16:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Jason Selwitz <jselwitz at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I recently tried upgrading to the latest release of virtualbox and ran
> into some errors, I was wondering if someone would be willing to have a
> look and lend a hand, I can forward on an output of the build and any
> other pertinent information. Thanks!

1) update your local ports tree using 'portsnap fetch update' to make sure
you are working with the latest version of  virtualbox-ose
2) remove any CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS statements from /etc/make.conf.
3) Re-try the installation

If you still have a problem, provide the FreeBSD version and hardware
platform, and the pertinent lines from the install log showing the error.
Be generous.