qemu-devel - no kvm accelerator

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Sep 6 10:24:53 UTC 2013

I like and have used VirtualBox in the past, so no problems in that sense.
Per your suggestion I switched to vbox and it all seems to work fine,
including networking behind the PF firewall. I have 2 small issues
remaining:

1. I will probably need to share files between the vm and host. vbox wants
"Guest Additions" to be installed for this. However,
emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions is not installable on the same platform
as emulators/virtualbox-ose. What is the solution to this?

2. I don't understand how a client would be able to connect to the vm
through "remote display" function. Is the process like pxe booting (using
grub for example) over the network, with the resulting process of having
booted into the OS provided by vbox?

Thanks & regards