Linux Skype 4.0.0.8 on FreeBSD is works!

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Jun 22 12:05:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 12:10:05PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Thursday, June 13, 2013 a las 10:14:19PM +0300, Artyom Mirgorodskiy escribió:
>
> > I would like to share my experience of running Skype 4.0.0.8.
> > 1) We need the following libraries from emulators/linux_base-c6:
> >
> > lib/ld-2.12.so
> > lib/ld-linux.so.2
> > lib/libgcc_s-4.4.6-20110824.so.1
> > lib/libgcc_s.so.1
> > lib/libdl-2.12.so
> > lib/libdl.so.2
> > lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
> > lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.2200.5
> > lib/libc-2.12.so
> > lib/libc.so.6
> > lib/libpthread-2.12.so
> > lib/libpthread.so.0
> > usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.13
> >
> > Please comment
> > CONFLICTS=              linux_base-gentoo* linux_base-f* linux-glib2-*
> > in makefile and run make patch. Then replace libraries from list of the above to /compat/linux. Please also symlink libtiff.so.3 to libtiff.so.4
> >
> > You should also set compat.linux.osrelease to 2.6.18:
> > sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.18
>
> Until here it works fine and I can do audio calls with
> skype_staticQT-4.0.0.8;
>
> In the Skype's option menue it sees that I have a video cam as
> /dev/video0 but the small local view is black and video call does not
> work (only shows remote picture).
>
> > If you want video calls support you should also replace linux_videodev2.h header from multimedia/linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod port (thanks to Juergen Lock):
> >
> >         cd /usr/ports/multimedia/linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod
> >         make patch
>
> This gives on my system (r250588 and ports from SVN head):
>
> # make patch
> ===>  linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod-1.0_2 is already in kernel.
> *** [patch] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod.
>
> Please advice what should I do; thanks

Just comment out the IGNORE in the port Makefile.

 And btw it seems you need 9-stable or head too for the Linux pipe2
syscall. (r234352 for head or r248532 for stable/9, I haven't tried
if the latter can be applied to 9.1 as is too.)

 To rebuild just linux.ko after copying the header (instead of doing
a full buildkernel/installkernel) do:

	cd /sys/modules/linux
	make x86  (not needed on latest head, thanx eadler fox fixing)
	make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g
	make install DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

and then reload linux.ko (or reboot.)

 HTH, :)