[patch] VirtualBox-4.0.14 + FreeBSD/CURRENT + VIMAGE: crash on vm shutdown

Petro Rossini petro.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:24:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Mikolaj Golub <trociny at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch that fixes the issue I have been observing recently: running
> on VIMAGE enabled kernel VirtualBox causes the kernel crash when vm is powered
> off:
> ..

Hi Mikolaj and others,

is it considered "safe" to run VIMAGE+VirtualBox on -STABLE?

I have one VirtualBox in my otherwise jail based infrastructure (to
run a Zimbra mail server under Ubuntu), and would like to move this
machine and the "standby" forward from FreeBSD-8 to -9, as well as
start to use VIMAGE here as I do on the other boxes.

Regards
Peter