VirtualBox-4.1.16: causes 100% CPU on the host system

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Jun 14 06:44:46 UTC 2012

On 06/10/2012 23:01, Bernhard Fröhlich wrote:
> Looks good. No bug here.
>
> Seriously what do you think that this mail is? A bug report? Random fact of the day?
>
> I know that writing good bugreports that are of any use is hard but you have send quite some mails and they are almost all worthless.
>
> You can try to pause the machine - wait a few minutes - resume it and it will not require 100% cpu anymore right?

I am of the persuasion that there are no stupid questions only stupid
answers.
Sorry for inadvertently causing your mental distress attack.

VirtualBox process often gets into the state when it takes 100% CPU on
the host while guest is completely idle.
I don't see how can this be considered normal.

Pausing VM for a few minutes indeed remedies the situation, but after a
while the same process gets to 100% CPU again.

This is not necessarily a bug report, just an observation that doesn't
look normal at all.

Nothing special was done in the guest, I am not sure what other
information can be relevant.

9.0 amd64 host

Yuri