RFC: small patch to linux_base files for package building

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 18 11:28:08 UTC 2011

Em 17-07-2011 03:47, Mark Linimon escreveu:
> pointyhat makes its INDEX file elsewhere from the client environment.
> Thus, the test for ${SYSCTL} -n compat.linux.osrelease might or might
> not match the clients.
>
> I want to put in the following patch in each of the Makefiles to be
> able to force the INDEX (same patch for each one).  Any objections?

No strong objection from me, however, I would definitely be happier to
see this code as part of bsd.port.mk as I proposed in ports/135221:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/135221

It would result in cleaner Makefiles and less duplicated code to put the
logic into bsd.port.mk and conditionally disable the check there.

Gabor Kovesdan