More webcamd dvb remote hacks - lirc port update for testing

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Feb 5 23:34:24 UTC 2011

As I discovered a little while ago our lirc port is too old to
handle the /dev/lirc0 device I patched webcamd to enable so I tried
updating it:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/lirc-0.9.0p1.patch

I have Cc'd the lirc port maintainer, do you think an update like
this could go in?  I probably could also enable the ftdi support
because we have devel/libftdi too, but I cannot test it.

 I also updated the webcamd remote patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/webcamd/patch-remote2-rc5.txt

 Since the Linux code reports /dev/lirc0 as a raw lirc device i.e.
not one that reports decoded remote button events but raw ir pulse
lengths I now changed the above patch to emulate rc5-like pulses
that lirc can understand.  The vdr remote plugin can't use those
directly anymore but you can now use vdr's lirc support, i.e. you
can add this to vdr's startup args:

	'--lirc=/var/run/lirc/lircd'

 To configure lircd for your dvb tuner remote using the above webcamd
patch you can try:

	irrecord -d /dev/lirc0 /usr/local/etc/lircd.conf

 I have put my resulting lircd.conf for the TechnoTrend S2-3600 DVB-S2 USB
tuner here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/lircd-s3600-rc5-emu.conf

 Then start lircd:

	service lircd onestart

and run

	irw

in a shell and check if it correctly reports buttons pressed on your
remote.  When that works you can start vdr (or whatever you use)
pointed at lirc and assign the buttons on the remote; I have put
my /usr/local/etv/vdr/remote.conf for the TechnoTrend S2-3600 DVB-S2
USB tuner using lirc here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/vdr-s3600-lirc/remote.conf

 More links are here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/