VirtualBox blueports repository moved to redports.org

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 22:00:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Bernhard Froehlich <decke at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi VirtualBox Testers!
>
> I think it's the right time now to announce that the virtualbox blueports
> repository that a few of you were using moved to a new location.
>
> That is because in the last few months I was heavily working on a new
> FreeBSD port building cluster called redports.org which is also the
> new environment where I usually build test all virtualbox versions and
> the new home of VirtualBox for FreeBSD. redports.org is the successor
> of the blueports repository but the history was migrated so nothing is
> lost.
>
> Since last week I am back to my usual virtualbox work and have already
> pushed a few very interesting patches from Andriy Gapon and Ed Schouten
> upstream. All ports are at their latest available versions now so we
> are _not_ lagging behind in the development repository. I just do not
> want to push those versions in the tree before 9.0-RELEASE is out the
> door. So I am currently waiting for 9.0 to be released and then I will
> update our virtualbox-ose ports to 4.1.8 and virtualbox-ose-legacy to
> 4.0.14.
>
> If you want to test the latest versions have a look at the new repository:
>
> - virtualbox-ose 4.1.8 (0 days old)
> - virtualbox-ose-devel 4.1.51r39575 (10 days old)
> - virtualbox-ose-legacy 4.0.14 (2 months old)
> - phpvirtualbox 4.1-5 (1 month old)
>
> Keep in mind that you need to update devel/kBuild first to compile the
> newer virtualbox versions. Latest kBuild is also included in the
> repository.
>
> For support the IRC channel and mailinglist are still the same :o)
>

> Support:
> ========
>
> IRC: #fbsd-mentors on irc.unixfreunde.de
> irc://irc.unixfreunde.de/fbsd-mentors
>
> Mailinglist:
> freebsd-emulation (at) FreeBSD.org
>
> EMail:
> vbox (at) FreeBSD.org
>

> Development Repository:
> =======================
>
> Browseable:
> http://redports.org/browser/virtualbox
>
> SVN Checkout:
> svn co http://svn.redports.org/virtualbox/
>
> tar Archive of repository:
> http://redports.org/~virtualbox/svn.tar.bz2
>
> RSS Feed:
> http://redports.org/log/virtualbox?format=rss&limit=25
>

> --
> Bernhard Froehlich
> http://www.bluelife.at/

First off, thank you for the tremendous quality and quantity of work
you (all) are doing with VirtualBox, and the new redports.org
infrastructure.  The work is truly exemplary and is an awesome example
of the type of dedication required for a healthy, successful open
source community effort.

Secondly, I did run into one issue with VirtualBox 4.1.8 and VIMAGE,
which required the attached patch to function properly.  I'm not sure
of the implications of this apparent reversion in the vboxNetAdpInit()
function, but it seems to work for me.

The patch in this form or any other is of course free to use in what
ever way one would please :)

Thanks!