Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.1.0

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 24 01:13:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:

> Another VirtualBox major release is available since a few weeks and we
> are proud to provide you a call for testers now. We had very good
> results during the beta phase so we hope that it will be ready to be
> committed quite soon. But it all depends on the feedback we get.
>
> This VirtualBox release only supports FreeBSD >= 8.0 as host system.
> If you think you really need FreeBSD 7.x support please get in contact
> with us. We also want to point out that GNS3 support has been added in
> VirtualBox 4.1.0 and should be working with our emulators/gns3 port
> but needs the UDPTUNNEL option to be enabled.

I have not had time to test v4.1.2 on FreeBSD 8 as a host, but the guest
additions work well with WinXP as the host and FreeBSD 8 as the guest.
I think v4.1.2 even fixes a bug where the copy-and-paste between host
and guest would stop working after running for hours, days or weeks.
The copy-and-paste hang would even prevent FreeBSD from shutting down
cleanly.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org