Linuxolator v4l2/dvb - trying to collect data about latest skype

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Fri Apr 22 14:51:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:38:35PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2011-Apr-22 14:18:31 +0200, Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
> > I now have finshed seperating the dvb part of the patches out into
> >a port:
> >
> >	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux_dvbwrapper-kmod.shar
> >
> >and made new src patches that now contain the v4l2 bits only:
> >
> >	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-8-test.patch
> >	(for 8, this is what I tested)
> >   kwm got it working on head/i386 with a camera that doesn't need
> >   libv4l (iirc) and now I'd like to know for who of you it works
> >   or doesn't and on which FreeBSD version/arch and whether your
> >   camera needs libv4l, so please test! :)
>
> I've checked with a slightly earlier version of the patch with
> skype-2.0.0.72,1, 8.2-stable/amd64 from just after 8.2-release and a
> Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (uvc) and video works nicely.  The mike in
> the webcam is more problematic - snd_uaudio recognizes it but trying
> to use it with Skype gave me:
> pcm4: chn_read(): pcm4:virtual:dsp4.vr0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead
> (I haven't looked into that further).

That might be the same issue as this PR:

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=152622&sourceid=opensearch

 ..where Hans posted a patch:

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-April/011931.html

> On a related topic, I've found a set of AF9035 patches at
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=s2-liplianin-hg-test&project=home%3ANicoK%3Adrivers&rev=e81101d3ab2025df95ead49276d1f31c
> that look like they should apply cleanly to webcamd - I haven't
> had a chance to actually try them yet.

 That looks interesting and might be worth a try, although the
v4l-dvb code in webcamd is from a different branch [1] and also most
likely older so it's not guaranteed the patches will apply as is...

 Thanx,
	Juergen

[1] There are actually parts used from the s2-liplianin branch too,
    but only for some dvb-s2 tuners, not for dvb-t ones like af90xx.