nspluginwrapper(-devel) and core dumps

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd2009 at kiwi-computer.com
Tue Sep 21 02:51:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:00:51AM +0200, Barbara wrote:

> I tried adding "-c 1" to the ulimit line, but I got (note -m):
>     $ du -m npviewer.bin.core
>     1126    npviewer.bin.core
>
> Do you thing that changing the value for -s can help?
> Which value would you suggest to try?

Hmm, have you tried "-c 0" instead?  Another place to fix it system-wide is
in /etc/login.conf.  I've sometimes changed or added the line:
	:coredumpsize=0:\

Of course that only affects subsequent logins, not current ones.  I believe
in either case if you set it to zero, you get no core dump file at all.

-- Rick C. Petty