CFT: VirtualBox 3.2.0

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Tue Jun 1 16:52:52 UTC 2010

En/na Daisuke Aoyama ha escrit:
>> P.S. Daisuke, does your gPXE/iSCSI patch still apply to this
>> latest version of VirtualBox? I sure would like to (finally) try
>> it out!
>
> Sorry, I don't know about 3.2.0. (Not yet tested.) But 3.1.8 should
> work. vboxvnc-20100421.tar.gz and vboxint18-20100310.tar.gz can be
> applied to 3.1.8 except Makefile. The Makefile is attached this
> mail. If you need 3.1.8, please use it.
>
> Here is step to build.
>
> # cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose # tar xvf
> vboxvnc-20100421.tar.gz # tar xvf vboxvnc-318-Makefile.tar.gz # tar
> xvf vboxint18-20100310.tar.gz        (optional) # make config #
> make

   About VNC support, can a VBoxHeadless session be savestated and
then resumed with vnc support ?

   I mean, when Daisuke released one of his firsts patches I tried to
launch a VM with VBoxHeadless blablabla (some options regarding vnc)
and then I tried to savestate the machine. That failed, so I was
unable to restart it via VBoxManage --type headless.

   After some investigation I discovered the problem was related to
virtualbox itself, not vnc support (I saw two patches in the
subversion repository that fixed that problem, right now they're
integrated into virtualbox, so this issue is solved).

   So Right now I can savestate a VM launched with VBoxHeadless with
vnc support and restore it. The only problem is that when you resume
the VM you loose the VNC support.

   Is it related to virtualbox or the patches that provide vnc support ?

   Regards,

   Gus