sc2 with wine on amd64

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Sat Jul 31 13:06:13 UTC 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 20:59, Mickaël Maillot wrote:
> FYI: sc2 works fine with 8-STABLE r210231+
> sound works if you install audio/openal-soft and remove
> --without-openal in wine's Makefile.

Sound also works, if you disable mmdevapi as described in the appdb (but
that supposedly has some negative side effects).

In case anyone else is trying to get sc2 running: I have tried with an
8.1-RELEASE kernel, but had no success logging on. Without changing
other configuration, it got fixed installing a 8-STABLE kernel.

I did not see either the swapchain_base.c patch or using xcursor is
needed just for logging in, but I guess it is needed later on.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik