USB webcam++ support for FreeBSD-8-current is soon here

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 19 01:22:48 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 October 2009 22:11:01 Ilya Bakulin wrote:
> Is there any way to make Skype work with Webcam (as I understand, it
> requires /dev/video0 device to be present?)

When skype links with libv4l like the rest of the Linux V4L applications
nowadays, it will work given some minor changes I think.

NOTE: if you try to build KDE4(network) after you installed my libv4l, then
KDE4 will start using libv4l instead of /dev/video0. It will break a couple of
times, but should be easy to fix. Mostly I needed to add libv4lxdrivers.so to
the installed libv4l .pc files.

Thanks for your patch.

I will forward it.

--HPS