kernel panic with VirtualBox on -CURRENT

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Wed Jun 17 13:38:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, June 17, 2009 10:33, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
>> On Wed, June 17, 2009 04:33, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>>> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:23:31 -0400
>>> Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Also, did you enable virtualization in the BIOS?  I had to do that
>>> before AMD-V really functioned.  It made quite a bit of difference
>>> in performance.
>>
>> yet on this topic. vbox in FreeBSD is just working on i386 current ?
>> (the
>> page says so). I got it running on 7.2-STABLE amd64 quite ok ( some
>> crashes here and then), but never on amd64 from current ...
>
> Works with basic functionality on amd64 on CURRENT but hardware support
> gor "VT-x" and such doesn't work.

this would explain why I got a crash on fresh 8-current and amd-v ?
if so, good to know. I thought it was my bad.

also, my 7.2-STRABLE crashes every now and then (mostly I can boot the vm
only once, then need do reboot physical machine) to fire the vm again.

using vm and 4 cpu's, if this is relevant. debian 5.0 amd64 on guest.

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,