Fix for CONFLICTS in emulators/linux_base ports

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 4 13:12:17 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
[...]
>> Perhaps there is a very simple solution - do you think that all
>> linux_base ports should have the following CONFLICTS line?
>
>> CONFLICTS=		linux_base-*
>
>> That way, all Linux emulation layers will conflict with every other one,
>> and we'll be covered for any future revisions.
>
> Did you try it yourself? ;-) That way every linux base port
> will conflict with itself!

Hi Boris,

Yes, it works fine for me:

- ---> No linux_base-* ports installed:

fbsd70# pwd
/usr/home/glarkin/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/linux_base-f8
fbsd70# pkg_info | grep ^linux_base
fbsd70# make -V CONFLICTS
linux_base-* linux-glib2
fbsd70# make check-conflicts
fbsd70# cd ../linux_base-fc4
fbsd70# make -V CONFLICTS
linux_base-* linux_locale*
fbsd70# make check-conflicts
fbsd70#

- ---> After installation of linux_base-f8:

fbsd70# pwd
/usr/home/glarkin/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc4
fbsd70# cd ../linux_base-f8/
fbsd70# pwd
/usr/home/glarkin/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/linux_base-f8
fbsd70# pkg_info | grep ^linux_base
linux_base-f8-8_12  Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (for
i386/amd64)
fbsd70# make -V CONFLICTS
linux_base-* linux-glib2
fbsd70# make check-conflicts
fbsd70# cd ../linux_base-fc4
fbsd70# make -V CONFLICTS
linux_base-* linux_locale*
fbsd70# make check-conflicts

===>  linux_base-fc-4_14 conflicts with installed package(s):
      linux_base-f8-8_12

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/glarkin/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc4.
fbsd70#

Without any linux_base-* ports installed, "CONFLICTS = linux_base-*"
still allows the first one to be installed.  After that, it will prevent
other ones from being installed.

Let me know if that looks acceptable or not.

Cheers,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin